Nordstrand Dual Coil 5 Soapbar Pickup was the very first pickup to ever be fabricated by Nordic hands. In a sense, they are the gateway drug that has led to the obsessively creative habits and methodical productivity that streamlines the status quo of the Nordstrand way. To this day, this mythical first pickup—forged by the hands of Carey Nordstrand himself—stands in our shop as a monolithic reminder of the innovative thinking and creative combustibility that Nordstrand stands for.
Choose from Bartolini® & EMG40® cover sizing. Series or Parallel wind options to create your own desired tone. Stock available with Alnico V magnets and a 19mm string spacing.
Nordstrand Dual Coil 5 Soapbar Pickup Specs:
- 5 string humbucking dual coil soap-bar pickup.
- Available as a complete set of 2 pickups.
- Bartolini® and EMG40® replacements sets available.
- 19mm string spacing standard.
- Available V magnets around brighter, punchier, and meaner tone.
- Alnico III are a custom shop option and can be made to order. They will provide a blanket of warmth for your pickup, giving it a slightly softer character.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone
- Laser cut bobbins.
Soapbar Cover Sizes:
- Bartolini® P2 (4.27″ x 1.27″)
- EMG40® (1.51″ x 4.02″)
Nordstrand Custom Shop Options:
Choose your own configuration for the bridge and neck, string spacing and Alnico magnet. The options are boundless and all yours. Pricing is no different for a custom shop pickup, but production times can vary. So Contact Us to find our more,
Tone Merchants are proud to be the distributor for Nordstrand Audio in New Zealand & Australia.