Nordstrand Big Blade 5 Soapbar has the unique aesthetic of the BB’s slotted blade was an innovative solution to a technical problem. How to fit an exposed, slightly surfaced blade into a cover that will be able to obtain uniform tonal resonance.
The solution to this pickup’s blade issue came to Carey Nordstrand during a fever dream. While his brain was apprehended by the substance of progressive and cutting-edge frequency that he tends to experiment with on the day to day. The vision was vivid; a clue to creating weaponizing tone was presented to him by a bombastic bass god. The result was the slotted blade design, fitting snug in its cover and delivering the uniform resonance that Carey was searching for. These pickups were forged in Redlands, CA.
Nordstrand Big Blade 5 Soapbar Pickup Specs:
- Big Blade soapbar bass pickup set.
- Uniform magnetic field—no worries about pole spacing.
- Loaded with two ceramic bar magnets.
- Single Coil.
- Available in standard black soap-bar covers.
- 19mm maximum pitch
- Laser cut, fiber bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
- Blade radius designed for even output in most basses: (14r: vintage round) and (20r modern flat)
Soapbar Cover Sizes:
- Bartolini® P2 (4.27″ x 1.27″)
- EMG40® (1.51″ x 4.02″)
Nordstrand Custom Shop Options:
Choose your own configuration for the bridge and neck, string spacing and Alnico magnet. The options are boundless and all yours. Pricing is no different for a custom shop pickup, but production times can vary. So Contact Us to find our more.
Tone Merchants are proud to be the distributor for Nordstrand Audio in New Zealand & Australia.