Nordstrand BigRig 5 Pickups are of caveman roots—a combination of the vintage 51 P design enhanced with modern, innovative, and creative pickup science. The pickup winding technicians who work at the shop simply cannot believe the amount of sonic dimension in these pickups. Coming to the conclusion that the only possible way for them to exist is through some sort of traverse through time. Perhaps an expedition conducted by Carey Nordstrand (the boss at Nordstrand Audio) and Alberto Rigoni that led them through the realm of vintage tone as they painted it with modern science and tone chasing gusto. The result of this endeavor is what has come to be Rigoni’s signature pickup: the refined Big Rig.
- Bartolini® P2 (4.27″ x 1.27″)
- EMG40® (1.51″ x 4.02″)
Nordstrand BigRig 5 Soapbar Specs:
- Hum-canceling 5 string bass pickup.
- Sold as complete set of pickups.
- Angled pole pieces.
- Alnico V: all around brighter, punchier, and meaner (Standard).
- 19mm string spacing standard.
- Laser cut, fiber bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
- Available in soapbar covers.
Nordstrand Custom Shop Pickups:
Choose your own configuration for the bridge and neck, string spacing and type of Alnico magnet. The options are boundless and all yours. Pricing is no different for a custom shop pickup, but production times can vary. So Contact Us to find our more.
Tone Merchants are proud to be the distributor for Nordstrand Audio in New Zealand & Australia.