Nordstrand NP4 PJ Set features the Nordstrand’s original NP4 P Bass pickup at the bridge. Combined with their 1960’s wind NJ4 Jazz style bridge pickup. Delivering vintage tones with the versatility of the PJ configuration.
NP4 P Bass Pickup
NP4 p bass pickup is a characteristically refined reproduction of the P4—one of the most famous and discriminating pickup models in the world. The NP4 will provide a full-bodied, resonant, and throaty grind hat has the capacity for juggernaut slap and unrelenting fervor that will surely dismantle the ergonomics of any crowd that has lost all sense of groove. Despite the strength of these pickups, the fountainhead of their tonal quality is of course the warm, fat, and bright character that the originals are known for.
NJ4 Vintage Single Coil Bridge Pickup
Nordstrand NJ4 bridge jazz bass pickup, with a classic, vintage 1960’s wind. The 60’s single coil has a very open sound and fast response and is widely heralded for its authentic 1960’s tone.
Nordstrand NP4 PJ Bass Pickup Specs:
- NP4 P Bass, 4 string precision-type bass pickup at the neck.
- 60’s wind single coil jazz-type bass pickup for the bridge.
- Drop-in replacement PJ-bass pickup.
- Available in black plastic covers.
- Alnico V magnets standard.
- Standard 19mm string spacing.
- Laser cut bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
Nordstrand NP4 PJ Set uses Alnico V magnets for a warmer, softer character. Think of them like a 60’s J style sound taken even further down the warm and fat path. Alnico III is brighter, cleaner and punchier, and will have a more wiry, stringy character.