Nordstrand NJ4 Jazz Bass are made with 60s era correct Heavy Formvar wire, and wound with a programmable CNC winder that simulates a vintage hand wound pattern. The combination of the HF wire in correspondence with the simulated hand wind produces the pickup’s lowered resonant peak, which is the source of the hypnotizing ambrosia that is the NJ4’s divine high end. Between its high and low end frequencies, this pickup produces a full-bodied sound that replicates the drive synonymous with 60s vintage tone.
Nordstrand NJ4 Jazz Pickup does indeed resonate with the vintage 60s-style tone described, the roots of its initial design and ever extrapolating refinement lies in our prospects of providing the player with a traditional vintage-style versatility that is tailored to taste; the choice in magnet type and wind geometry making every difference when it comes to the birthplace of an artist’s desired tone.
Looking for a Jazz Bass pickup, but without the noise? Check out the Nordstrand Hum-Cancelling Jazz bass Pickup.
Nordstrand NJ4 Jazz Bass Specifications:
- Sold as a complete set, bridge and neck pickups.
- Single coil 4 string jazz-type bass pickup.
- Alnico V magnets.
- Available with an alternative 70s wind, featuring enamel wire and a lower wind count than the traditional 60s wind. In choosing this particular specification, the player can expect a more aggressive, enhanced top end with a tight bottom.
- Drop-in J replacement pickup, check sizing tab for full measurement details.
- 19mm string spacing standard.
- Available in black plastic covers.
- Laser cut bobbins wound with Era Correct Heavy Formvar wire, or plain enamel for 70s wind.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.