Fralin PJ Bass Set includes our Stock P-Bass pickup, and our noiseless and rich Split Jazz Bridge. This set is noiseless in all positions, with a fat and rich tone. Our Split Jazz Bridge has a Left-Right coil design, which sounds better than stacked coils. The Fralin P-J Set gives you more snarl on your bridge and deep lows on your neck.
All of our bass pickups feature hand-built bobbins and hand-wound clarity. Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. This P-J Set consists of local fiberboard and USA-Made Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
Fralin PJ Bass Set Specs:
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output
- Overwound Noiseless Bridge for noiseless operation across all positions
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects.
Fralin Custom Shop Winding Options:
Fralin Pickups offer a wide range of custom options to fine the tone you desire. See below the different wind options available. Tone Merchants have the Stock Wind option available to purchase online, dispatched on a track and trace courier to you. For custom wind options, see below. Sometimes we have stock, but if it is marked for “Backorder” then this will come with our regular orders at the end of the month. Usually this is 3-4 weeks from you placing the order. We will contact you to let you know a delivery timeframe.
- For an era-authentic 50’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”.
- For a thicker midrange and fewer highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- For an even thicker tone than the +5%, you can opt for +10%. This is perfect for anyone looking for an aggressively strong midrange and dark tone. Perfect for balancing out a bright sounding bass.
- If you’re looking for a little cleaner tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.