Fralin Jazz Bass Pickups feature Hand-Built bobbins and hand-wound clarity. Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Fralin Jazz Bass pups consist of local fiberboard and USA-Made Magnets. Each pickup wound by hand, one at a time. Using Fralin’s proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, they wax-pot the pickups to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
Lindy Fralin Jazz Bass Pickups offer a wide tonal range. They are wound to 60’s Specifications, which give them more output and balance. Expect a sweeter tone, with a warm midrange. Also, you’ll hear top-end sparkle and clarity. Nuances will come to life as you notice increased presence. They will break up late and stay clean longer.
Our Pickups are dynamic – they’ll get punchy if you dig into them. They’ll have top-end spank when you slap them. You’ll also notice they’ll stay soft and dynamic when you play light. Finally, these Jazz Bass Pickups are for those who are not happy with the tone from stock pickups. These tend to be sweeter-sounding, not aggressive. You’ll wonder why you didn’t make the switch earlier.
Fralin Jazz Bass Specifications:
- 60’s Fender specifications, with modern output.
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and clarity.
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output.
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups.
- Two magnet staggers available for different fingerboard radiuses.
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone.
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control.
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects.
- Sold as a complete set, bridge and neck pickups.
Looking for Jazz Pickup, but without the “hum”. Check out the noise-cancelling Fralin Split Jazz Bass pickups.
Fralin Pickups Custom Shop Options:
Fralin Pickups offer a wide range of custom options to find the tone you desire. See below the different wind options available. We have the Stock Wind option available to purchase online, dispatched on a trek and trace courier to you. For custom wind options, contact us to place an order for these to be made specifically for you.
- For an era-authentic 60’s tone, go for the Stock Wind. These are available with no delay from our site.
- To have a thicker midrange and fewer highs. Pick +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%. Contact us to order.
- For an even thicker tone than the +5%, you can opt for +10%. This is perfect for anyone looking for an aggressively strong midrange and dark tone. Perfect for balancing out a bright sounding bass. Contact us to order.
- If you’re looking for 70’s Jazz Bass tone? Choose a -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%. Contact us to order.
We always carry stock of the 60’s “Stock Wind”. If by chance we are out, more will be on the way soon. For our other wind options, sometimes we do have these in. If on “Back Order” these will arrive with our regular monthly orders placed on the 13th of the month. Arriving with us at the start of each month.
Tone Merchants is proud to be the New Zealand distributor for Lindy Fralin Pickups.