Nordstrand Big J Blade 4 string pickups are an innovative application to the jazz bass style pickup using the solutions excavated through discovering the secrets of the Big Blade. Their aesthetic elements reflect the groundbreaking development of signature Nordstrand blade tone. These pickups are the weapon of choice for the war-time jazz player—the funk master that has all but ten seconds to shred his way to infinity before his bass based pride is compromised by an opponent of lesser tone—and have been rendered as such in order to supply the player with a diversifying sound that is broken down even further by its dual choice in winds.
Nordstrand Big J Blade 4 Specifications:
- Sold as a complete set, bridge and neck pickups.
- Big J Blade Jazz Bass Pickup.
- Uniform magnetic field—no worries about pole spacing.
- Choose from two wind options, “warm and wooly” or “clean and clear”.
- Loaded with two ceramic bar magnets.
- Laser cut bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
- 19mm maximum pitch compatible with most basses.
- Blade radius designed for even output in most basses: (14”r: vintage round)
Nordstrand Custom Shop Options:
Choose your own configuration for the bridge and neck, string spacing and Alnico magnet. The options are boundless and all yours. Pricing is no different for a custom shop pickup, but production times can vary. So Contact Us to find our more.