Fralin 51 P Bass Pickup is warm, rich & full, with no hum. The top end is warm and round; the low end is full, deep, and dynamic. The Fralin Split ’51 is a perfect pickup for those who want an era-authentic 50’s P-Bass tone with no hum. The extended low end is deep, rich, and full. Alnico 5 Magnets give this pickup optimal tonal balance and output. By adding a second coil, we were able to achieve a completely silent operation, with a hint of fatness added to it.
Fralin Split 51 P Bass Pickup Specs:
- Lindy Fralin Original Design – Completely Hum-Cancelling.
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output.
- Superb articulation for a clean and clear tone.
- Designed to be even across all frequencies.
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output.
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic sound.
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control.
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
The Lindy Fralin Difference
The Fralin tone starts here: our manufacturing process. It allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Our pickups consist of USA-Made magnets and wire. Our bobbins are hand-built using local fiberboard and incredible attention to detail. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone.
Each Lindy Fralin bass pickup one at a time, by hand. This allows us to achieve unbeatable attention to detail. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
Tone Merchants are proud to be the New Zealand distributor for Fralin Pickups.