Fralin P Bass Pickups use USA Made Alnico V magnets and 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar wire to give an era-authentic 50’s tone, only thicker. Fralin P-Bass Pickups offer a significant upgrade bringing out everything you love about that vintage, 1950’s p bass tone.
Lindy Fralin knows and understands what you love about your P-Bass. That’s why he didn’t take any of that away, but added much more more. At Fralin Pickups, they believe the best sound comes from the highest quality materials available.
Lindy Fralin P-Bass Pickup Specifications:
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output.
- Stock Output is 11K.
- Superb articulation for a clean and clear tone
- Designed to be even across all frequencies
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects.
Fralin Custom Shop Winding Options:
Fralin Pickups offer a wide range of custom options to fine the tone you desire. See below the different wind options available. Tone Merchants have the Stock Wind option available to purchase online, dispatched on a track and trace courier to you. For custom wind options, contact us to place an order for these to be hand made specifically for you.
- For an era-authentic 50’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”.
- For a thicker midrange and fewer highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- For an even thicker tone than the +5%, you can opt for +10%. This is perfect for anyone looking for an aggressively strong midrange and dark tone. Perfect for balancing out a bright sounding bass.
- If you’re looking for a little cleaner tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.