Emerson Jazz Bass Prewired Kit wired with 22 AWG vintage push-back wire for that vintage look and sound. Soldered connections to the input jack are insulated with heat-shrink to ensure durability and long life. If you are installing this on an import guitar with metric sized pots you may need to ream your pickguard holes to accept the slightly larger US-Spec pots and buy US-Spec knobs.
Emerson Paper in Oil capacitors just sound amazing! Paper in Oil capacitors were originally used in vintage Fender and Gibson for good reason… They sound amazing. Emerson Custom prewired guitar kits are painstaking wired by hand one at a time in Bixby, Oklahoma, USA.
The team at Emerson Custom take great pride in using premium components that both operate & sound better than stock electronics found in your guitar. Emerson pots are hand metered and matched for great consistency with even taper on both the volume and tone knob. Giving far better control when rolling down the volume knob… no more mud.
Emerson Jazz Bass Prewired Kit Includes:
- (3) CTS 250k Solid Shaft w/.250″ Shaft Potentiometers
- (1) Switchcraft 1/4″ Mono Input Jack
- (1) 0.047uf Emerson Custom Paper in Oil Capacitor
- (1) Volume Mod
- Wiring Diagram
What’s so special about ’50s style bass wiring?
- The overall tone gets stronger, tighter, and more transparent. It’s difficult to describe, but you might say it’s more “in your face”.
- The typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less than with standard wiring. Both the volume and tone controls become more responsive, and they react more smoothly without the usual hot spots. Another bonus: By simply rolling back your guitar volume a bit, you can clean up an overdriven amp without getting lost in the mix.
- The tone and the volume controls interact with each other—something you might be familiar with from certain tweed-era Fender tube amps. When you change the volume, the tone changes a little bit as well, and vice-versa. This may be strange at first, but you only need a few minutes to get used to it.