Genzler Magellon 800 Amp was inspired by the spirit and courage of exploration. It represents the pinnacle in the next generation of high-output, lightweight & versatile class D bass amplification. Weighing only 2.84 kg it is one of the lightest weight bass amps in it’s class. Whilst providing enough power to fill any sized venue you would be preforming in, anywhere in the world. The Magellon 800 amp has a universal power supply. So you can take this anywhere in the world and use their local voltage without any modifications.
This is exactly what players have come to expect from the team at Genzler Amplification — performance, versatility and reliability. From natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument to classic, vintage harmonic textures with “weighted feel to the notes”, the Genzler Magellon 800 provides the tonal palette needed to cover all of the bassist’s amplifier requirements.
Magellon 800 Dual Channel Design Features:
- Clean Channel –
- Pristine and Articulate
- Drive Channel –
- Voiced for a More Driven Tonal Signature and Harmonic Texture
- Dual-Curve Variable Contour Circuitry
- Curve A — Classic to Modern — Mid Scoop Curve
- Curve B — Thicker to Vintage — Low-Mid Bump w/Tapered Top End
- Flat Position — Full Bypass
- Active 3 Band EQ w/Parametric Mid Control
- Signal Mute Switch
- Input Pad Switch
- Thermal Sensing Variable Speed Fan Cooling
- All Brushed, Aircraft Grade Aluminum Chassis with Extruded Aluminum Front Panel
- Output: 400W/8 Ohms, 800W/4 Ohms and 800W/2.67 Ohms
- 2.67 Ohms Min. Total Load
- 2.84 Kg in weight.
- Clean Channel –
Genzler Magellon 800 Amp Specs
PREAMP – dual channel, all solid state analog design with integrated soft clip circuitry.
- INPUT– 1Meg ohm input impedance
- INPUT PAD SWITCH – attenuation of -8.5dB
- CLEAN CHANNEL OVERVIEW – Voiced to provide natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument.
- DRIVE CHANNEL OVERVIEW – Voiced to provide a more “driven” tonal signature and harmonic content along with a softer top end and more relaxed low frequency response.
- CONTOUR — continuously variable control of 2 vastly different response curves. In either CURVE position, when the SHAPE control is all the way off (CCW) the response curve is completely FLAT.
- Curve A (Blue) — a variable pre-shaped curve that boosts lows and highs while simultaneously cutting mids. The slopes are fairly gentle which keep the tone shaping very musical. This curve covers a wide range of sounds from flat to classic to modern depending on the position of the SHAPE control.
- Curve B (Amber) — a variable pre-shaped curve with attenuated high mids and highs, a low mid bump, and a slight roll-off of the lowest bass frequencies. Again, the slopes are fairly gentle which keep the tone shaping very musical. This curve is intended to provide sounds in the range of vintage amps and vintage cabinets that do not have tweeters.
- ACTIVE EQUALIZATION – The MAGELLAN™ 800 contains an active 3 band equalizer with a sweepable parametric mid-range frequency control.
- Bass +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 75Hz
- Mid +/- 15dB boost/cut of the variable mid frequency selected
- Freq Variable mid frequency from 150Hz-3kHz
- Treble +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 6kHz
POWER AMP – The MAGELLAN™ 800 uses a state of the art, class D power amplifier design and a high frequency auto-sensing universal switch-mode power supply (SMPS) to achieve unprecedented high performance and lightweight packaging. There are no Voltage Switches to change or jumpers to move. This SMPS senses the line voltage from 100-240 Volts and automatically configures itself.
Tone Merchants is proud to be the NZ distributor for Genzler Amplification.