Emerson SG Prewired Kit is a prewired harness for USA Gibson SG’s. Carefully wired “50’s Style” and grounded with vintage spec buss wire for a great vintage tone. For import guitars you may need to enlarge the holes for the higher quality US spec electronics to fit and also you may need US Spec knobs (to accept 24 teeth split shafts).
What’s so special about ’50s style wiring?
- The overall tone gets stronger, tighter, and more transparent. It’s difficult to describe, but you might say it’s more “in your face”.
- The typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less than with standard wiring. Both the volume and tone controls become more responsive, and they react more smoothly without the usual hot spots. Another bonus: By simply rolling back your guitar volume a bit, you can clean up an overdriven amp without getting lost in the mix.
- The tone and the volume controls interact with each other—something you might be familiar with from certain tweed-era Fender tube amps. When you change the volume, the tone changes a little bit as well, and vice-versa. This may be strange at first, but you only need a few minutes to get used to it.
Emerson SG Prewired Kit Includes:
- (4) 500K CTS Split Shaft Potentiometers
- **Please note that due to current supply chain related shortages we are building these with High Grade, Hand Metered & Matched CTS and/or High Grade, Hand Metered & Matched Gibson Custom Shop CTS pots with a -/+ 7% Tolerance. **
- (1) Switchcraft J11 1/4″ mono input jack (3/8″ length Bushing) (MADE IN USA).
- (1) Switchcraft Right Angle 3-Way Toggle Switch (Deep Threaded Nut Included).
- (2) Emerson Bumblebee Paper in Oil Capacitors (1: 0.022uf Bridge, & 1: 0.015uf Neck).
- (1) Wiring Diagram.
Tone Merchants is proud to be the New Zealand and Australian distributor for Emerson Custom.