Emerson 4 Way Telecaster Prewired Kit for Telecaster style electric guitars with two single coil pickups. Emerson Custom Kits will drop into most American Fender Tele’s with no modification. Wired with 22 AWG vintage push-back wire for that vintage look and sound. Soldered connections to the input jack are insulated with heat-shrink to ensure durability and long life. If you are installing this on an import guitar with metric sized pots you may need to ream your control plate holes to accept the slightly larger US-Spec pots and buy US-Spec knobs.
Stock available 250K-Ohm Pots (for single coil). 500K-Ohm Pots (for P90 and Humbucker pickups) is available as a custom order. Custom orders are placed at the start of each month and arrive at the end of that same month. Contact us for more more information and to place a custom prewired kit.
What’s so special about ’50s style wiring?
- The overall tone gets stronger, tighter, and more transparent. It’s difficult to describe, but you might say it’s more “in your face”.
- The typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less than with standard wiring. Both the volume and tone controls become more responsive, and they react more smoothly without the usual hot spots. Another bonus: By simply rolling back your guitar volume a bit, you can clean up an overdriven amp without getting lost in the mix.
- The tone and the volume controls interact with each other—something you might be familiar with from certain tweed-era Fender tube amps. When you change the volume, the tone changes a little bit as well, and vice-versa. This may be strange at first, but you only need a few minutes to get used to it.
- Bridge & Neck in Parallel
- Bridge & Neck in Series (Humbucker Type Fullness)
Emerson 4 Way Telecaster Prewired Kit Includes:
- (2) CTS 250k Solid Shaft Potentiometers.
- (1) Oak Grigsby 4-Way Switch.
- (1) Switchcraft 1/4″ Mono Input Jack.
- (1) 0.047uf Emerson Paper in Oil Capacitor *(0.022uf are used with 500K-Ohm Pots Option)*
- (1) Volume Mod.
- Wiring Diagram.