Emerson 3 Way Telecaster Prewired Kit proudly made in Bixby, Oklahoma, USA. The team at Emerson take great pride in their solder work and neatness when crafting their prewired kits. They build kits to last a very long time and perform to the highest of standards. We think you will appreciate the detail both sonically and visually that goes into each and every one of our prewired kits.
This is a 3-Way Tele prewired assembly for Telecaster style guitars featuring 2 single coil pickups. It will drop into most American Fender Teles with no modifications required.
Emerson Paper in Oil capacitors just sound amazing! Paper in Oil capacitors were originally used in vintage Fender and Gibsons for good reason… They sound amazing. Emerson Custom prewired guitar kits are painstaking wired by hand one at a time in Bixby, Oklahoma, USA.
Wired with 22 AWG vintage push-back wire for that vintage look and sound. Soldered connections to the input jack are insulated with heat-shrink to ensure durability and long life. If you are installing this on an import guitar with metric sized pots you may need to ream your control plate holes to accept the slightly larger US-Spec pots and buy US-Spec knobs.
Emerson 3 Way Telecaster Prewired Kit is stock available with 250K-Ohm Pots (for single coil), or 500K-Ohm Pots (for P90 and Humbucker pickups). Contact us for more more information and to place a custom prewired kit.
What’s so special about ’50s style wiring?
- The overall tone gets stronger, tighter, and more transparent. It’s difficult to describe, but you might say it’s more “in your face”.
- The typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less than with standard wiring. Both the volume and tone controls become more responsive, and they react more smoothly without the usual hot spots. Another bonus: By simply rolling back your guitar volume a bit, you can clean up an overdriven amp without getting lost in the mix.
- The tone and the volume controls interact with each other—something you might be familiar with from certain tweed-era Fender tube amps. When you change the volume, the tone changes a little bit as well, and vice-versa. This may be strange at first, but you only need a few minutes to get used to it.
Emerson 3 Way Telecaster Prewired Kit Includes:
- (2) CTS Solid Shaft Shaft Pots.
- (1) Oak Grigsby 3-Way Switch.
- (1) Switchcraft 1/4″ Mono Input Jack.
- (1) 0.047uf Emerson Paper in Oil Capacitor.
- (1) Volume Mod.
- Wiring Diagram.
Tone Merchants is proud to be the New Zealand and Australian distributor for Emerson Custom.