Nordstrand BigMan 4 MM style pickup is a weapon of muscular power that will give your bass girth that will help define your earth shattering tone.
The formula for The BigMan fabrication essentially comes down to this: take two Big Single coils and stuff them into a Music Man style cover—boom! — an explosion of immense vibe and girth that will surely knock you off your feet.
The Big Man 4 hum-canceling pickup facilitates powerful, dark, and fuzzy tone through a massive split-coil wrapped around angled pole pieces. In choosing alnico III magnets, the player can slightly soften the BigMan’s intense presence.
Be warned, despite whatever minute technical changes you might make to it, its nature cannot simply be tamed with an easy change in magnet choice. The BigMan is not for the faint of heart.
Nordstrand BigMan 4 Specs:
- 2 Big Singles in a MM cover.
- Drop-in replacement MM bass pickup.
- 19mm string spacing standard.
- Alnico V: all around brighter, punchier, and meaner (Standard).
- Alnico III: will provide a blanket of warmth for your pickup, giving it a slightly softer character (custom order).
- Laser cut bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
- Default wiring is Parallel.
*This pickup extends 1/4”deeper into the body than a standard MM pickup.
Nordstrand pickups are proudly made in Redlands, California USA.